Date posted: 06/18/2018
The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the case management team and also provides specialty group and individual counseling as assigned. We are seeking a dynamic, engaging, Case Management Supervisor who has experience working with a chronically homeless, mentally ill, single adults (between the ages of 25 and 65) population, impacted by impacted by physical health and wellness issues, substance abuse and legal and medical issues, in a supportive housing environment. The ideal candidate will have solid clinical knowledge and supervisory experience. Additionally, the Case Management Supervisor will be passionate about working with single adults; a proactive and creative problem solver; and a demonstrated leader in promoting the growth of social services staff onsite. The Case Management Supervisor works closely with the Program Director and the interdisciplinary team to build and maintain a safe program culture that emphasizes respect for all community members and ensures all clients progress forward in their goals. The Case Management Supervisor reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
- Provides clinical supervision to the case management staff while balancing a caseload of approximately five;
- Collaborates with other staff, providers and caregivers to coordinate services for each client;
- Reviews and signs-off on documentation completed by the case management team, and monitors the appropriateness of the standards of care;
- Conducts internal chart reviews;
- Participates in assessment interviews with prospective clients of the housing program and assesses clients’ ability to reside safely at Amber Hall;
- Links clients to services provided by other community based organizations;
- Enters progress notes into electronic case records following all meetings and collaborations concerning clients;
- Assists in financial planning and budgeting to ensure that clients are able to meet their financial needs and do meet their rental obligations;
- Conducts group and individual counseling sessions;
- Completes required monthly reports as assigned by the Program Director;
- Assists the Program Director with hiring and training of new staff;
- Actively participates in staff meetings, clinical treatment meetings, community meetings with clients and trainings;
- Ensures all staff attend trainings to address clinical and programmatic needs and have the appropriate training;
- Provides crisis intervention as necessary; and
- Performs other job-related functions, as assigned.
- The Case Management Supervisor position requires a Master’s Degree; a LMSW, LCSW or LMHC is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations is required: people living with HIV/AIDS, formerly homeless and chronically homeless people and families, young adults aged out of foster care, people with mental illness or people in recovery from addiction.
- Experience working with evidence based models, specifically Motivational Interviewing and Illness Management and Recovery strongly preferred.
LOCATION AND WORK SCHEDULE
This is a full time position, with a Monday through Friday work schedule, which requires a flexible schedule, at Amber Hall located in the Bronx.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: cmsupervisorAmber@lanterncommunity.org
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Community Services (Lantern) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.