Date posted: 06/28/2017
The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the case management team and also provides specialty group and individual counseling as assigned. We are seeking a dynamic, engaging Case Management Supervisor to work with families and young adults (18 – 26 years old) in supportive housing and assist them in stabilizing their lives and attaining their work, health, social, and community living goals. The ideal candidate will have solid clinical knowledge as well as experience working with families and/or young adults impacted by mental illness, substance abuse, foster care and homelessness and supervisory experience. Additionally, the Case Management Supervisor will be a proactive and creative problem solver; and a demonstrated leader in promoting the growth of social services staff onsite. The Case Management Supervisor works closely with the Program Director and the interdisciplinary team to build and maintain a safe program culture that emphasizes respect for all community members and ensures all clients progress forward in their goals. The Case Management Supervisor reports to the Program Director. This position is exempt.
- Provides clinical supervision to the case management staff;
- Collaborates with other staff, providers and caregivers to coordinate services for each client;
- Reviews and signs-off on documentation completed by the case management team, and monitors the appropriateness of the standards of care;
- Oversees a caseload of 4-5 clients;
- Conducts internal chart reviews;
- Participates in assessment interviews with prospective clients of the housing program and assesses clients’ ability to reside safely at Jasper Hall;
- Links clients to services provided by other community based organizations;
- Enters progress notes into electronic case records following all meetings and collaborations concerning clients;
- Assists in financial planning and budgeting to ensure that clients are able to meet their financial needs and do meet their rental obligations;
- Conducts group and individual counseling sessions;
- Completes required monthly reports as assigned by the Program Director;
- Assists the Program Director with hiring and training of new staff;
- Actively participates in staff meetings, clinical treatment meetings, community meetings with clients and trainings;
- Ensures all staff attend trainings to address clinical and programmatic needs and have the appropriate training;
- Knowledge and comfortability working in a harm reduction model with individuals actively struggling with ongoing substance use issues;
- Must possess strong clinical and excellent interpersonal skills; be able to work effectively as part of a team and have the ability to make sound assessments of tenants’ strengths and needs;
- Experience working with evidence based models, specifically Motivational Interviewing and Illness Management and Recovery preferred;
- Provides crisis intervention as necessary; and
- Performs other job-related functions, as assigned.
The Case Management Supervisor position requires a Master’s Degree; a LMSW, LCSW or LMHC is preferred. A minimum of 2 years of experience providing direct service to one or more of the following populations is required: formerly homeless and chronically homeless people and families, young adults aged out of foster care, people with mental illness or people in recovery from addiction.
LOCATION: Jasper Hall, Bronx
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full time position, with a Monday-Friday work schedule, at Jasper Hall located in the Bronx.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.