Date posted: 10/26/2017
We are seeking a certified, experienced, self-motivated, and dynamic Fitness Instructor to provide weekly movement classes for residents of Lantern’s supportive housing sites. The Fitness Instructor will report to the Director of Arts, Culture and Fitness.
The Fitness Instructor will work with the Director to develop and implement weekly exercise classes. The Fitness Instructor will motivate participation in classes through outreach and working with building directors and staff. The exercise classes will provide the resources and motivation for participants to increase strength, flexibility and overall wellness in daily life. The Fitness Instructor will be an excellent communicator and have a passion for working with low-income populations.
- Engage in recruitment for class participation
- Communicate regularly with staff regarding participant progress
- Prepare materials and teach weekly classes
- Track participation rates in classes
- Complete reports as directed by supervisor
- Nationally recognized group fitness certification (e.g. ACE, AFAA, NETA)
- Minimum of two years of experience leading group fitness classes
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a social service setting
- Experience working with participants with chronic mental or physical illness preferred
- Dynamic personality and excellent presentation, interpersonal and communications skills
- Yoga instructors not preferred unless offering a hybrid course with strength building, dance fitness, etc.
- Able and willing to travel to sites in the Bronx, Brooklyn and/or Manhattan
LOCATION: Bronx, Brooklyn, and Manhattan
WORK SCHEDULE: Multiple group class placements available. Per hour compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.