Date posted: 06/18/2018
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) reports currently to the Chief Operating Officer and eventually to the Executive Director. The HRM will help provide overall strategic planning for and leadership of the organization’s human resources activities. The HRM will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of human resource policies, programs, and services, including: benefits programs; employee relations, review and communications; employment practices/procedures and regulatory compliance surrounding recruitment, training, discipline, and termination of employees.
The HRM will be a highly intelligent self-starter is committed to Lantern’s mission and organizational goals. The HRM should have experience in managing human resources for medium to large size organizations, preferably in a social service nonprofit setting. He or she will possess excellent speaking and writing skills and be able to communicate successfully and persuasively both within the organization and with outside contacts and consultants. The HRM must be very familiar with HR technology and systems.
- Manage staff recruitment and hiring policies
- Develop, maintain and communicate effective and efficient administrative procedures for personnel matters, including employee inquiries and grievances
- Provide counsel on HR matters to the Executive Director, senior management, and the Board of Directors
- Directly supervise two HR staff members
- Create events, systems, and processes to enhance staff communication, interaction, development and training
- Work with all departments concerning staff and employment-related issues
- Develop and maintain records and reports to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Analyze current benefit plans and explores new benefit program options
- Develop and maintain electronic and document-based personnel recordkeeping systems (HRIS) for active and inactive employees and retirees
- Prepare materials for and implement new employee orientations, performance and salary reviews process and exit interviews
- Keep current on HR practices and concepts and maintain an effective network of HR professionals
- Organize and facilitate All-Staff events and quarterly onboarding sessions
- Promote a positive and productive work environment that values diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree and/or specialized certification in HR administration is preferred
- Minimum of five years of Human Resources experience in a complex organization
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and maintain confidentiality; must have a high level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and outstanding ability to interact effectively with managers, supervisors and staff
- Must have excellent Microsoft Word skills and be proficient with Excel
- Must possess strong multi-tasking capabilities and be willing to take a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Notary Public is preferred; expectation is to become Notary Public within first 3 months of employment
LOCATION AND WORK SCHEDULE
This is a full-time position, located in midtown Manhattan. This position is exempt.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: HRManager@lanterncommunity.org
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Community Services (Lantern) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.