Date posted: 08/03/2017
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Program Director for a supportive housing program serving prior chronically homeless, single adults living chronic physical illness in a supportive housing environment in Manhattan. The Program Director will lead a team that includes social workers and a health and wellness coordinator to assist this population in stabilizing their lives, maintaining their housing stability and advancing towards their individualized goals. The Program Director is also expected to work collaboratively with the Leasing and Compliance Department and Property Management staff.
The ideal candidate will have a Licensed Master’s Degree in Social Work, demonstrated leadership skills and keen judgment essential for planning and accomplishing goals, navigating challenging bureaucratic systems and providing strong staff supervision. He or she will also have experience working with the chronically homeless population that has been impacted by mental illness, substance abuse, legal and medical issues. The Program Director will have very strong administrative skills and operational expertise. Some knowledge of affordable housing is preferred. The Program Director will report to the Vice President. This position is exempt.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop a program team with a strong sense of accountability for achieving outcomes for residents and complying with Lantern and funder regulations and requirements.
- Ensure all case records (electronic and paper) are accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date for all residents. The Program Director is responsible for monitoring staff compliance and providing training and support resources.
- In conjunction with staff, oversee the development and implementation of program services, including groups, community/tenant meetings, activities and celebrations, etc. to meet tenant and program needs.
- Provide regular, ongoing supervision of staff as appropriate and facilitate weekly staff and clinical meetings. Provide case management support to staff as needed.
- Identify and meet training needs for staff.
- In collaboration with Leasing and Compliance staff, screen potential clients for the program and assist with the move-in and program orientation process.
- Assist with rent collection and ensure all staff members support housing stability through a proactive active approach to working with tenants around budgeting and money management.
- Assess serious incidents, review appropriateness of incident management and make corrections as needed.
- Utilize data to ensure program goals are met and to address trends (both positive and challenging).
- Actively engage in training that promotes the Program Director’s professional development and identifies trainings to support Program staff.
- Provide monthly written reports to Senior Management.
- Develop linkages with community organizations to support the work of the program.
- LCSW, LMSW or LMHC required, SIFI preferred.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Experience with electronic case management systems, and demonstrated ability to utilize and review data to inform best practices in service provision.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience.
- At least three to five years of progressive experience in implementing a direct service program.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, mental health, substance abuse and chronic homelessness is preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure, including crisis situations, and be flexible with work schedule when necessary.
- Experience working with evidence based models, specifically Motivational Interviewing and Illness Management and Recovery preferred.
LOCATION: Manhattan, NY
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time, Monday to Friday.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.