Date posted: 09/05/2018
Lantern Community Services’ (Lantern) mission is to champion the independence and well-being of New Yorkers who are impacted by or threatened with homelessness. Lantern provides innovative services to help New Yorkers who are formerly homeless or have recently aged out of foster care recreate their lives. Our programs with proven results in health, employment, education, and life skills are delivered inside our residences and tailored to each person’s needs. We provide our clients—many of whom live with mental illness, addiction, disability, HIV or other chronic illnesses—with the tools they need to integrate successfully into the greater community with dignity and independence.
The Resident Coordinator is a position that adapts to the presenting needs of clients and serves as front desk security for the building. The Resident Coordinator is an integral member of the team in ensuring the overall stability and safety of the program/building. The Resident Coordinator ensures the integration of practices and policies that facilitate a respectful and safe environment for all clients. The Resident Coordinator reports to the Program Director and is a non-exempt position.
- Works directly with program staff to ensure the effective operation of the program and services consistent with applicable program policies and procedures, and ensures client needs are met on an ongoing basis;
- Monitors and reviews daily security logs, including: shift logbook, overnight guest logbook and visitor logbook to ensure seamless communication and monitoring of program and clients, particularly regarding serious issues and vulnerable clients;
- Check visitors in/out of the building;
- Supervises reception desk security monitors and ensures applicable policies and procedures are followed at all times;
- Responsible for documenting incidents, interventions and issues that arise via case notes, incident reports and any other agency mandated protocol;
- In conjunction with the Program Director, manages the building response to medical, law enforcement and other emergency situations;
- Performs administrative tasks and other job-related functions, as assigned.
- This position requires previous experience working in the human services field and onsite provision of social services.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Sensitivity to issues involved in working in a diverse organization is essential.
- Security Experience a plus.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft suite and comfort working with databases.
- High school diploma/GED is required.
LOCATION AND WORK SCHEDULE
This is a full-time position at Huntersmoon Hall in Manhattan that requires a 4pm-12am shift, Tuesday through Saturday.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Community Services (Lantern) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.