Date posted: 09/08/2017
The Resident Coordinator is a position that adapts to the presenting needs of clients and serves as front desk security for the building. The Resident Coordinator is an integral member of the team in ensuring the overall stability and safety of the program/building. The Resident Coordinator ensures the integration of practices and policies that facilitate a respectful and safe environment for all clients. The Resident Coordinator reports to the Program Director and is a non-exempt position.
- Works directly with program staff to ensure effective operation of the program and services consistent with applicable program policies and procedures, and ensures client needs are met on an ongoing basis;
- Monitors and reviews daily security logs, including: shift logbook, overnight guest logbook and visitor logbook to ensure seamless communication and monitoring of program and clients, particularly regarding serious issues and vulnerable clients;
- Check visitors in/out of building;
- Supervises reception desk security monitors and ensures applicable policies and procedures are followed at all times;
- Responsible for documenting incidents, interventions and issues that arise via case notes, incident reports and any other agency mandated protocol;
- In conjunction with the Program Director, manages the building response to medical, law enforcement and other emergency situations;
- Performs administrative tasks and other job-related functions, as assigned.
- This position requires previous experience working in the human services field and onsite provision of social services.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Sensitivity to issues involved in working in a diverse organization is essential.
- Security Experience a plus.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
LOCATION: Manhattan and Brooklyn
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time position that requires a 4pm-12am shift, Tuesday through Saturday.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.