Date posted: 10/03/2017
The Staff Accountant for Receivables and Payroll will report to the Controller. This is a full-time, exempt position, located in Manhattan.
The Staff Accountant for Receivables and Payroll will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the recording of receivables in the general ledger
- Perform bank reconciliations for the organization’s bank accounts
- Maintain payroll data for all Lantern employees including benefit deductions, garnishments and 401k contributions as well as allocations and salaries
- Prepare and upload journal entries to record payroll
- Prepare variance analysis quarterly between payroll and our NYS and federal quarterly tax reports, and prepare required reports for DOL
- Maintain 401k data for lantern employees as needed
- Prepare back up for external audit requests in a timely manner
- Maintain electronic and paper reporting back up per organization protocol
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have prior experience working in a nonprofit organization with government funders, and have at least 2-4 years of applicable experience. S/he will have initiative, the ability to work well under pressure, a very high level of Microsoft Office proficiency (with the ability to learn new technologies and databases) and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to complete projects in a timely manner. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Prior experience with payroll systems, ideally Balance Point in particular
- Prior experience with web based general ledger software also a plus, Financial Edge in particular
- Strong Excel skills
- Must be able to maintain employee confidentiality and handles sensitive personnel data
LOCATION: Manhattan , NY
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time, Monday to Friday.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.