Date posted: 01/18/2018
Lantern is seeking a Staff Accountant to report to the Controller. With oversight of an assigned portfolio of government grants and payroll management, the Staff Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the invoicing and budget to actual reporting for an assigned portfolio, including any other necessary accounting operations and functions.
- Carefully monitor actual vs. budgetary expenditures and prepare variance analysis.
- Maintain electronic and paper reporting back up per organization protocol.
- Maintain company payroll system and employee information.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Conduct quarterly analysis with payroll tax reports and all other mandatory labor reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have prior experience working in a nonprofit organization with government funders, and have at least 1-3 years of applicable experience. S/he will have initiative, the ability to work well under pressure, a very high level of Microsoft Office proficiency (with the ability to learn new technologies and databases) and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to complete projects in a timely manner. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Prior experience with government contract compliance
- Strong Excel skills
- Previous experience with Balance Point and Financial Edge systems is preferred
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
Lantern Community Services (Lantern) values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.