Date posted: 09/19/2017
The Vice President reports to the Chief Program Officer and is an active member and participant of the Senior Management Team. With oversight of Program Directors and case management staff within a portfolio of Lantern’s buildings, the Vice President will utilize his/her management experience to anticipate programmatic needs, and assist with key assessments to determine the quality and efficacy of programs. This is an exempt position.
- Manages and oversees Lantern Community Services’ assigned housing programs.
- Actively participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of Lantern’s programs.
- Plans and schedules program timelines, balancing agency and program needs.
- Tracks the progress of programs in regards to all required deliverables.
- Manages crisis at the sites and informs the CPO and senior management team of all serious incidents in a timely way.
- Ensures serious incidents are reported to the Incident Review Committee.
- Provides direction, motivation, support and inspiration to the program teams.
- Ensures that quality guidelines and recommendations are met.
- Prepares progress reports for the CPO and Executive Team, as required.
- Identifies problems and implements solutions.
- Works with the Senior Director of Evaluation to establish program success metrics by evaluating feedback collected from staff reports and surveys.
- Works with staff to achieve excellent monthly dashboard results
- Manages start-up of new programs as needed, transitioning them at the appropriate time to new supervisory structure.
- Ensures programs deliver services in compliance with audit standards, approved scopes of work and within approved budget.
- Responsible for program monitoring, auditing and compliance review of contract concerns or violations.
- Works with Chief Compliance Officer to draft and implement corrective action plans.
- Develops and implements review tools and reporting mechanisms for programs to use to ensure compliance. Responsible for assisting with internal system-wide periodic compliance review of contracts and programs in response to internal or external requests.
- Responsible for oversight of relevant contracts including, expiration dates, outcomes or expectations and other relevant information to ensure compliance, including management of information and correspondence with funders
- Provides oversight of ongoing compliance reviews, working closely with the Program Directors, and Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Program Officer.
- Participates in the development of strategies to improve efficiencies, reduce risk, and vulnerability to fraud, abuse and/or waste.
- Participates in periodic, systematic reviews of program manuals and updates in alignment with organization’s changing needs and evaluative or accrediting body standards.
Policies and Procedures Management
- Participates actively as a part of a team to ensure that all policies and procedures capture a complete view of all activities and processes within and across the organization.
- Monitors changes in the programs and suggest updates to policies and procedures to capture operational changes.
- Educates program staff on format and content required for good policy procedure.
- Based on revision to policy and procedure, works with senior management to recommend required changes and delivery of training.
- Facilitates adherence to processes and procedures.
- Ensures staff meets all regulatory requirements and comprehends and complies with best practices, professional standards, internal policies and procedures.
Staff Training and Development
- Oversee and coordinate hiring for all social service positions at their sites.
- Works closely with the CPO to analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Conducts or arranges for ongoing technical training and professional development trainings for staff.
- Oversees organization and meetings of special population clusters facilitating special projects and spearheading new initiatives.
- Conducts regular in person supervision with all direct reports.
- Confers with senior management team and conducts surveys to identify training needs based on program needs, contracts, and other factors.
- Ensures that new hires are properly oriented and trained for their positions and ensures that all staff at their site participate in trainings as required by the agency.
- Ensures programs comply with all aspects of Lantern’s human resources policies.
- Develops performance evaluations that reflect both the growth of staff and areas of improvement and continually refocus upon these goals in supervision.
Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Participates in Lantern Community Services’ compliance and quality assurance function.
- Oversees implementation of the full range of services and/or program model specified in contracts/agency agreements.
- Ensures that services are structured and scheduled to meet the intended goals and objectives of the program and maximize tenant participation and progress.
- Ensures fidelity to service and/or program model.
- Maintains the staffing pattern specified in the contract/agreement by ensuring that qualifications for staff positions are met as specified in the contract/agreement.
- Maintains sufficient oversight and supervision of administrative and service-oriented functions to ensure that the needs of the residents are met and that quality services are provided throughout the program.
- Perform other duties as directed by the CPO.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work required, LMSW/LCSW required, SIFI preferred.
- Strong operational experience – ideally has worked in a supervisory role for 10+ years in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading to at least five years’ experience in operational/administrative management.
- Demonstrated experience in program supervision, clinical oversight, outcome measurement and fiscal management.
- Demonstrated expertise in one of the three service areas and success developing and monitoring programmatic work and creating metrics to measure outcomes.
- Excellent writing and people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Lantern Community Services.
- Flexible and able to multitask – can work within an ambiguous, fast moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Experience working with evidence based models, specifically Motivational Interviewing and Illness Management and Recovery preferred.
LOCATION: Bronx, NY
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time, Monday to Friday.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.