Date posted: 08/11/2017
Job Title: NYC Civic Corps Member, Volunteer Coordinator
Employment Type: Full Time, AmeriCorps Member Position
Salary: $14,300 plus healthcare, with a $5,815 bonus after successful completion of the member’s term of service.
- Childcare coverage (if applicable): Allowances will be administered by the CNCS child care provider and issued directly to the member’s childcare provider.
- Student loan forbearance and interest payments, (if the member qualifies): The member may request forbearance on qualified student loans by submitting a request through a My AmeriCorps online account.
NYC Civic Corps builds volunteer capacity and volunteer management systems at community-based organizations and city government agencies in New York City. Community volunteers increase the quality and quantity of services delivered to underserved and vulnerable individuals in all five boroughs, including in the areas of Disaster Services, Economic Opportunity, Education and Healthy Futures. This meaningful service in the community also results in increased health, happiness, and civic engagement in the volunteers—and AmeriCorps members—who are providing those services in their community.
All Civic Corps members are required to have bachelor’s degrees and must be citizens, nationals, or permanent residents of the United States. They serve a minimum of 1,700 hours over an approximately 10-month period (September 6, 2017-July 13, 2018). They are also subject to a background check in compliance with AmeriCorps regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, recent graduates encouraged to apply
- Experience with recruiting volunteers or growing a program, club, or similar
- Exceptional communication, time management, and problem-solving skills; detail oriented
- Experience writing high-quality, professional emails
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Project management experience and strategic/systems-building capability
- Fluency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong ambassadorship skills; comfortable engaging people from diverse backgrounds, presenting to groups, and building relationships
- Excited to build and have ownership of Lantern’s volunteer program
- Commitment to serving vulnerable communities and Lantern’s mission
LOCATION: New York, NY
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time, Monday to Friday.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates being considered for the position must sign a release form for Lantern Community Services to perform a criminal background check. Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.