Date posted: 04/03/2018
Member Position Summary:
Conduct ongoing outreach to recruit new volunteers / partners and engage current volunteers across Lantern programming and sites, and formalize Lantern’s volunteer processes.
Detailed Functions of Position:
Objective: Conduct ongoing outreach to recruit new volunteers / partners and engage current volunteers across Lantern programming and sites, and formalize Lantern’s volunteer processes
- Become familiar with Lantern programs and staff that utilize volunteers, current volunteers and current volunteer processes
- Travel to all Lantern sites to meet staff
- Market analysis of how similar social service organizations use volunteers
- Follow up with volunteers and maintaining relationships
- Onboard volunteers, place volunteers with organization/staff, and maintain volunteer roster
- Identify program needs across Lantern and conduct outreach to expand volunteer roster
- Contribute to Lantern’s social media (as desired by the member or needed by the organization)
- Identify gaps in partnership (geographically and/or programmatically) and begin to identify partnerships
- Civic Corps member project of interest
- Organize and hold annual volunteer recognition event
Preferred Academic or Experience Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of Member:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Basic excel skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills/knowledge
- Community Outreach
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organizational skills and attention to details
- Interpersonal and communication skills
* Please note: The duties and responsibilities in this service position description may be subject to change. In the rare event that there are any changes, members will be notified prior to beginning the service year and the position description will be amended. All changes will be reviewed and approved in advance by NYC Service.
LOCATION: New York, New York
This position is employed by NYC Service. This position will be given a stipend, plus benefits.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Lantern Community Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.