To champion the independence and well-being of New Yorkers who are impacted by or threatened with homelessness
- Be engaged, present and open
- Cultivate safe spaces for our community
- Celebrate achievements, big and small
- Be creative in the face of challenges
- Inspire, and be inspired by, our clients
- Embrace diversity, valuing everyone’s experiences and abilities
- Be leaders in our field
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Lantern values the diversity of all our clients, staff, Board of Directors, and partners. By bringing diverse individuals and viewpoints together, we create more vibrant, healthy and just communities. Lantern welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and experiences regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, political belief, religion, immigration status, veteran status, class, creed, and mental or physical disability.
Lantern is affiliated with the NYC Coalition on the Continuum of Care (CCoC) and complies to the Coalition’s policy covering the collection, use, and maintenance of Protected Personal Information (PII) for tenants of Lantern Community Services.