Lantern volunteers really make a difference!
Lantern’s tenants receive supportive services that extend beyond case management, with programs related to Health and Wellness, Employment and Education, Nutrition and Culinary Arts, and Arts, Culture and Fitness.
Given the wide range of services offered to Lantern’s tenants, there is an opportunity for all volunteers to find a program that matches their interests.
Here are just some of the things volunteers do for Lantern:
- Assist Lantern staff at weekly Fresh Food Box events, distributing food, discussing nutrition, and sharing recipe ideas with residents
- Run groups with residents teaching them skills from crocheting to financial planning
- Tutor adults to help them pass their National External Diploma Program (NEDP) test
- Give residents haircuts and manicures
- Attend one-off volunteering events, like distributing food at a Thanksgiving meal, helping arrange our art shows or wrapping Holiday gifts
Please note that most of our volunteer opportunities are during weekdays (9 am – 6 pm).
Interested in volunteering with us? Check out our open volunteer positions:
Elementary and Middle School Volunteer Tutor
National External Diploma Program (NEPD) Volunteer Tutor
Have any questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Think you might want to get involved? Register your interest here and our Volunteering Project Manager will get in touch shortly.